NETCOM Group, an SDB certified firm headquartered in Springfield, VA, is looking for qualified candidates to join our expanding team of international broadcast producers for radio, internet and television. We offer a competitive salary and a full benefits package.
Job Description: The Producer shall conceptualize and design complex programs for radio, television and/or the Internet, as required, with an innovative and creative approach. Programs are produced in one or more of the following languages: Afaan Omoro, Amharic, Bambara, French, Hausa, Kirundi, Ndebele, Shona, Somali, Swahili, Tigrigna and Yoruba.
- Produce programs of various formats, such as live and pre-recorded programs, documentaries, specials on breaking news stories, and remote live feeds.
- Determine how programs and segments of programs work across platforms.
- Ensure that audio and video content migrate to appropriate websites and social media sites.
- Perform relevant duties, including writing copy, editing copy, editing audio segments, booking guests and performing interviews when called upon.
- Create lineups and logs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years of current experience
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of previous projects which demonstrate abilities
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a background check
Required Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrate high standards of journalism and news experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the target region, its people, culture, institutions and political situation.
- Ability to adapt English material to the target language and translate the target language to English.
- Keep up to date on broadcast and technical trends and incorporate appropriate production methods into programs.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of copyright and fair use.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as working efficiently individually on projects
- Night, weekend and holiday work may be required