NETCOM Group is a progressive, minority owned, SDB firm headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, twenty miles from Washington DC. Our government division specializes in IT consulting, IT staffing and Program/Project Management in both the government and commercial community. We staff our engagements with highly experienced and self-motivated professionals who support our customers’ requirements. Our strength lies in our ability to provide the people, processes and technology to assist our clients in achieving optimum results in a timely and cost effective manner. Netcom Group is always seeking qualified candidates with specialized skill sets for difficult to fill positions. We have positions open throughout the United States and abroad and have the flexibility to support both large and small engagements with top tier talent. We currently have a requirement for a ORACLE Database Administrator located in the Washington DC and the greater METRO area – Northern VA and MD.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
To install, maintain, support, upgrade, patch, backup, and enhance as requested our Oracle environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute as an integral member of a development and support team
- Support and maintain existing systems, ensuring best practices of space management for data and index storage, monitoring free space and resources, ensuring continuous availability
- Upgrade all Oracle environments for servers upgrading from Windows 2003, coordinating with Application Portfolio teams for necessary upgrade outages
- Design a backup strategy to meet the application and IT’s needs
- Recover databases in a timely and responsible manner
- Tune database structures
- Configure Oracle networking to improve performance and reliability
- Monitor database performance and make adjustments as necessary
- Provide recommendations on best practices in coding to application developers
- Maintain data dictionaries
- Apply RDBMS patches as required
- Work closely with professionals in Application Portfolio Support, Application Development and Support, and Infrastructure to ensure database availability
5+ year’s solid Oracle DBA experience.
Oracle Enterprise Manager,RMAN scripting
Strong development background; possess solid understanding of the software development life cycle process.
NETCOM Group Benefits:
Netcom Group offers comprehensive benefits to cover the needs of our employees. This includes dental, healthcare coverage and 401k participation.
Netcom Group is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in diversity and look for candidates from all backgrounds.